Rock Medical Orthopedics has been an award-winning sales and service agency for Arthrex in northeast Ohio since 2001. In partnership with Arthrex, our mission is to provide unparalleled support to our surgeon clients through teamwork, medical education, technical expertise, and trust.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Main Objective
Rock Medical Clinical Specialists are trained through a comprehensive medical education program involving anatomy, biomechanics, surgical techniques, intraoperative problem solving, product design and surgical outcome data collection.
Although the Clinical Specialist is not in a sales role, this position is specifically responsible for maintaining expert knowledge of our Sports Medicine, Foot & Ankle as well as Hand & Wrist market share leading products. You will be consulting surgeons in the operating room regarding the use of our implants and instruments while attending multiple operations daily.
Many team members in this role are experienced athletic trainers who are able to utilize their sports medicine education to assist surgeons in the OR on familiar procedures like ACL, Rotator Cuff, and Labrum repairs. This role is ideal for someone who loves to teach – both in the operating room and in the lab. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support our surgeon customers in the operating room with your clinical expertise.
- Support our Medical Education efforts regarding upcoming training events in our local Hudson, OH lab, as well our main headquarters in Naples, FL.
- Maintain expert knowledge of our full line of Shoulder, Knee, Foot & Ankle, Sports Medicine and Shoulder Arthroplasty product platforms.
- Represent Arthrex and Rock Medical in the OR as a true professional.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management. Education and Experience:
- College Bachelor’s Degree or above
- Athletic Training, Exercise Physiology or clinical background of 2+ years preferred. Experience as an orthopedic PA, or RN also acceptable.
- Excellent communication, planning, organizational, multitasking and problem-solving skills
- Confident, self-assured, and comfortable with independent action
- Demonstrated initiative, a sense of urgency and the ability to make decisions and take responsibility for them
- Ability to react and adjust quickly to change and come up with practical ideas for problem-solving