Overview: Rock Medical is Northeast Ohio’s premier Orthopedic Implant Consulting Team, proudly serving surgeons first, with state-of-the-art Arthrex Products. Over the past 16 years, we have grown to a team of more than 35 talented sales and support consultants, and we are privileged to represent Arthrex while serving more than 300 area surgeon clients.
Compensation: Competitive first-year salary plus expenses and benefits. Bonus and Commission plans added after the first year of training. Open-ended earnings potential for top performers.
Summary of Requirements:
The Sales Representative will be consulting with surgeons in the operating room regarding the use state-of-the-art Arthrex implants and instruments. The primary responsibility will be to establish, build and maintain customer relations through constant communication and in-person appointments. This position is specifically responsible for sustaining expert knowledge of our Sports Medicine, Foot & Ankle as well as Hand & Wrist market share leading products.
The Orthopedic Sales Associate is responsible for working in a team environment to achieve predetermined territory sales goals and quotas. This position is specifically responsible for maintaining expert knowledge of our market-leading product portfolio and having the ability to communicate with a sophisticated audience of surgeons and support staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for meeting and exceeding sales objectives for the territory.
- Represent Rock Medical, an authorized agency of Arthrex, a leader in the orthopedic industry, and by working with a sophisticated audience comprised of surgeons and healthcare professionals
- Work with Sales Manager by receiving coaching, training or mentoring; transfer knowledge to peer Sales Representatives and to Sales Associates when needed
- Increase territory results by building and maintaining strong business relationships, and by developing and implementing sales strategies
- Identify the needs of new prospects and develop appropriate responses (written, telephone and face-to-face)
- Cross-sell additional products or manage new product introductions as they become available
- Address any problems that arise at the account
- Support compliance and the principles of responsibility by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information; protecting the assets of the organization; acting with ethics and integrity; reporting non-compliance; and adhering to applicable federal, state & local laws and regulations, accreditation & licenser requirements, and Company policies & procedures
- Maintain training in sales skills, product features/benefits, and other critical business applications
- Collect competitive data and remain current on industry, customer, and competitive trends
- Participate in and attend sales meetings and professional association meetings outside of regular business hours, as required
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds on a regular basis
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated ability to relate to customers and constituents within the orthopedic/sports medicine market
- Only candidates with 2-5 years demonstrated sales experience in competitive B2B or orthopedics will be considered.
- Experience as a Certified Athletic Trainer, PA, or RN is also acceptable
- Must be comfortable in surgery/operating room environments.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Strong public speaking and communication skills are required.
- Strong sense of urgency is important.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Access to your own transportation and an excellent driving record